Abuja Multi-door Court – AMDC
- Comments Off on Abuja Multi-door Court – AMDC
This unit is headed by a Registrar with an Assistant Registrar.
- The unit receives cases
- It communicates with the parties in respect of cases coming into or going out of the Centre
- Monitors the progress of each Case and updates same on the computer
- Deals with issues concerning staff welfare and coordinate staff activities
- Relates management decisions to staff
- Undertakes return of cases
CLIENT SERVICES UNIT:
This unit is headed by a Client Services Officer.
- This unit is responsible for receiving clients and explaining the different ways of settling disputes
- They also explain the practice and procedures at the AMDC
- They guide the client in selecting the most appropriate doors for settlement
- Takes part in training of interested persons and training programmes organized at the AMDC
- Participates in the creation and production of the AMDC Quarterly Newsletter
This unit is headed by a Marketing Officer.
- It educates the public and exposes the workings of AMDC
- Visitations and meetings with other organizations with a view to introducing them to ADR processes
- Is involved in formulation of blue print on ways to sell the AMDC to the public for increased patronage
This unit is headed by an Account Officer.
- Receives payment for both Mediation and Arbitration Fees
- Keeps sensitive documents for clients and the department
- Makes payment on behalf of the Department
This unit is headed by an Information Officer.
- Liaising with the different departments in the High Court and the general public
- He takes care of Adverts and publicity concerning the Centre
- Is involved in the gathering of materials and creation of the AMDC Quarterly Newsletter
- He coordinates and manages publicity in respect of training programmes of the AMDC
- He liaises with the print and electronic media
This unit is headed by a Senior Data Processing Officer.
- This unit monitors and manages the Internet Network
- Liaise with the Internet Service Provider (ISP) and report faults when necessary
- They also manage and update the Department’s Website (www.amdcng.com)
- This unit also handles issues relating to software installation, software application management and repairs of faulty computers
- The unit is also responsible for manning the Department’s Multi -Media Equipments such as Projectors, Camcorder, Digital Camera etc
- This unit also carries out graphic designs and work together with the Information Unit in designing and producing the AMDC Newsletter
This Unit is headed by a Dispatch Officer:
- Dispatch all out going letters
- Discuss and liaise with Courier Companies
- Assist the registry in receiving documents from clients and other duties assigned to him
ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Account Section
- Registry Section